Applications can only be taken into consideration if the following documents are provided (in English, French or German) and meet the requested specifications. We do accept one PDF file per category not exceeding 2 MB.
- Project proposal, including the aims of the dissertation, a detailed work and time schedule for the project, ten pages at a max. Please include your name, page number and title of the proposal on each page. The proposal should also include a one-page summary of the proposal in English.
- Motivation letter, one page, explaining why you apply for BIGSAS.
- Soft copy of your written and graded Master’s or equivalent thesis.
- Two recommendation letters, authors need to be from the applicant's academic background and mentioned with title and university/institute. Letters have to be signed personally by the authors.
- Curriculum Vitae, showing your academic progress and qualification(s) in detail.
- Supervision agreement with a Member of BIGSAS detailing the framework conditions of the doctoral relationship (download the form in English or German language here). Please make sure that all necessary boxes are filled in. Otherwise, the agreement is considered incomplete.
- Self-declaration that you have not been accepted for a doctorate at another university or are enrolled at another university or university of applied sciences.
- Secondary School Graduation Certificate / Higher Education Entrance Certificate
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent degree including complete pages of the transcript of records (e.g. Licence ou Maîtrise, a certified copy is requested).
- Master's Degree or equivalent degree including complete pages of the transcript of records (e.g. DEA or DESS, a certified copy is requested).
- List of academic publications (if available).