© Frank Wunderatsch
Articles, press releases, interviews & more
Photos and videos of BIGSAS events
- About BIGSASworks!Hide
The publication of the (online) journal BIGSASworks! appears in the series 'Working Papers' of the Institute of African Studies (IAS). Each volume contains miscellaneous thematic areas and this output of common or overlapping interests of the Junior Fellows offers a publication platform.
- Published BIGSASworks! IssuesHide
- 2021 "Fieldwork Experiences and Practices in Africa" (DOI)
- 2019 "Gender and Social Encounters: Experiences from Africa" (DOI)
- 2018 "Living in African Cities: Urban Spaces, Lifestyles and Social Practices in Everyday Life" (URI)
- 2017 "Perspectives on Translation Studies in Africa" (URI)
- 2016 "Religion and Space: Perspectives from African Experiences" (URI)
- 2015 "Actors, Institutions and Changes: Perspectives on Africa" (URI)
- 2013 "Challenging Notions of Development and Change from Everyday Life in Africa" (URI)
- 2013 "The making of Meaning in Africa: Word, Image and Sound" (URI)
- 2012 "Trends, Discourses and Representations in Religions in Africa" (URI)
- 2011 "Women's Life Worlds 'In-Between'" (URI)
The BIGSAS Blog
Our blog 'The BIGSAS World' was founded in the beginning of 2020 and offers unique insights into the various spheres of the BIGSAS family. Currently, approximately 80 Junior Fellows are working at BIGSAS to complete numerous scientific dissertation projects. The blog gives the doctoral candidates the opportunity to present their current research projects in an interactive way, to share their experiences during their doctorate and to create and nurture their networks.
The most important blog articles of the first year (Feb 2020-April 2021) have also been published in a virtual brochure. Read the brochure online here or download it as a PDF file.